Did You Know?*
- Construction has a much higher rate of eye injuries than any other industry
- More than 2,000 people injure their eyes at work each day
- About 1 in 10 injuries require one more more missed workdays to recover from
- 10-20% of these workplace eye injuries will cause temporary or permanent vision loss
- Wear the right eye protection
- If your work puts you at risk of flying splinters, chips, or dust, wear safety goggles or safety glasses with side shields. Look for “Z87+” on the frame or lenses as an indicator of impact protection.
- Rinse irritated eyes. Dust can irritate your eye. If your eye feels gritty or itchy, flush it gently with clean water from a bottle, hose or eyewash station for at least 15 to 20 minutes.