Did You Know?*
- Need better stats
- Tasks that involve frequent stooping, kneeling or squatting puts your knees at risk for injury.
- Use lightweight products [do we have a single page to direct them to?]
- Raise the work off the ground
- Add an extension on your tool so you can work at waist height instead of kneeling
- During kneeling work, take frequent micro breaks of 10-20 seconds to extend your leg and allow the knee to return to resting position
- Sustained walking and standing on hard surfaces can transmit shocks through the leg to the knees [so do what?]
- Select quality footwear and insoles and use anti-fatigue mats to help reduce stress on your knees
- Stretch and strengthen leg muscles
- Kneepads can distribute weight and pressure away from the knee while kneeling. NIOSH says the “use of kneepads can reduce injuries and increase production."