Reduced VOCs, Reduced worries.
Did You Know?
- Occupants with VOC exposure often report disagreeable odors, exacerbation of asthma, irritation to the eyes, nose and throat, headaches and drowsiness
- Health symptoms associated with VOC exposure can be minimized by choosing low VOC emitting products
Source: "Maintaining Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) during Construction and Renovation" article by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ventilate workspaces – open windows and circulate air with fans or forced air heating/cooling system
- Keep workspace temperature and humidity low whenever possible, since some VOCs will become more volatile when it’s warm or damp
- Select VOC PPE based on the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) handling instructions found in section 8
- Find where to buy VOC protection that fits you through a Google search, home center stores, hardware stores and online industrial supply stores
- Find low and no VOC LATICRETE® products that have achieved GREENGUARD Certification. These products are scientifically proven to meet some of the word's most rigorous third-party chemical emissions standards, helping to reduce indoor air pollution and the risk of chemical exposure.
To find compliant VOC building products visit:
- Green Seal® develops life cycle-based sustainability standards for products, services and companies and offers third-party certification for those that meet the criteria in the standards
- International Code Council® (ICC) - “Section 806” published by the International Code Council® (ICC), is also a detailed resource for compliant maximum VOC emissions
- USBGC LEED IEQc4.1 and LEED IEQc4.3 - Products used inside the building that meet the VOC limits outlined as requirements for LEED (IEQc4.1 Information on Adhesives and Sealants) and (IEQc4.3 Information on Flooring)
- ANSI A138.1 Green Squared Certification - Certification for ceramic tile, glass time and tile installation materials that conform to a performance standard that includes particulate emissions
Chat or Email
Need help? We're here for you.