Stone Care Do's and Dont's
Here is a quick list of basic stone care do’s and don’ts.
- DO use STONETECH® sealers to protect your stone and tile.
- DO clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your stone and tile.
- DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
- DO use placemats under china, ceramics, silver and other objects that can scratch your stones surface.
- DO place a small rug or mat at entry ways to trap dirt and small sand from normal foot traffic.
- Do dust or carefully vacuum countertops, islands, vanities and floors frequently.
- DO use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- DO clean surfaces regularly with STONETECH® Revitalizer® Cleaner and Protector or STONETECH® Stone & Tile Cleaner.
- DO call the Technical Support for maintenance assistance.
- DON’T wait to clean up spills on stone. Clean up as quickly as possible.
- DON’T use dish soap, vinegar, bleach, ammonia, or general purpose cleaners, bathroom cleaners, or tub and tile cleaners.
- DON’T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners or soft cleaners.
- DON’T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
Note: The above information is for reference purposes only. Please follow label directions on back of actual product.