Determine if Stone is Sealed
How to Test if Your Stone is Already Sealed
Take the quick, water-repellency test to see if your stone has already been sealed.
Is your stone already sealed? Is your stone so dense that staining isn’t a serious problem?
- Make sure the surface area is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- Apply a drop of water 1 inch in diameter to the stone surface.
- Allow the water to stand on the stone for 5-30 minutes.
- If the surface is unsealed, the water will absorb into the stone and darken the surface (absorption speed will depend on porosity of the stone). Check out STONETECH® Surface Care Products to protect your stone.
- If your surface is already sealed or if the stone is very dense, the water will bead up and stand on the surface. Maintain its beauty with STONETECH® Revitalizer® Cleaner and Protector.
Note: Above instructions are for reference purposes only. Please follow label directions on back of actual product.
In this video LATICRETE will teach you some tips and tricks prior to sealing your stone surface
Chat or Email
Need help? We're here for you.