Features & Benefits
The highest-performing cementitious tile grout is setting a new benchmark in the industry with its new and improved formula as of March 2023.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR® Select provides a variety of key features and benefits:
- Comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation for a more durable design and easier readability
- Water Dispersion Technology™ (WDT) for complete dispersion of water during mixing and slaking, providing a stronger, denser grout joint
- 20% increased strength,* providing a higher compressive and tensile strength, longer life, and resistance to wear and tear
- 20% enhanced stain resistance,* significantly reduces maintenance and makes installations look newer for longer by preserving its original color
- Formulated without sand‡ for a safer work environment
- Easier to spread and clean means faster installations with less labor and hassle
- Color kits offer 40% less packaging in a new compostable bag and packaged in single units for a simple 1:1 mix ratio with the base
- 5-year shelf life for color kits, minimizing product degradation and waste; 2-year shelf life for grout base performance
- Good for interior, exterior, and submerged use
- Ideal for floors and walls with tile joint widths of 1/16 to 1/2" (1.5 to 12 mm)
- Ideal for residential and commercial applications
- Greenguard certified for low chemical emissions
- Fast setting
- Equipped with Microban antimicrobial product protection to fight the growth of mild and mildew on the grout surface
- Exceeds the ANSI A118.7 requirement, the highest cementitious grout standard ensuring durability and stain resistance
- Conforms to ISO 13007 and EN 13888 (CG2WA)
- Endless color options - available in 40 standard grout colors, top industry colors and custom grout colors through our AnyColor™ color matching program.
- Eligible for the LATICRETE® 25 Year System Warranty and Lifetime System Warranty
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR® Select is an advanced high-performance two-part cementitious grout system offering Water Dispersion Technology(TM) and the industry’s first dispersible dry pigment solution.
It is designed for virtually all types of residential and commercial installations and offers optimum performance on the most demanding exterior or interior applications. Easy to mix, grout and clean, this grout is fast setting and is suitable for joints 1/16” to ½” (1.5mm – 12mm) wide on floors or walls.
The PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits allow you to carry one grout Base and still provide a vast selection of color options to your customers. Choose from 150+ stocked colors, including all 40 standard LATICRETE® colors and other top-selling industry colors. Or use the AnyColor™ program to select custom colors to match the style of any project.
We also bring you an exclusive selection of Special Edition Colors inspired by the world’s foremost paint and color experts; Pantone®, BEHR®, Sherwin-Williams® or Benjamin Moore®. These unique grout colors allow you to create beautiful grout tile projects.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Select Base NOW with Water Dispersion TechnologyTM is denser and stronger than ever before! It is designed to provide an overall better experience for the installer and long-lasting results for the customer. Additionally, the new packaging will also offer an expanded, 2-year shelf life for the grout base and 5 years for the color kits. Color kits will also now be sold as singles in cases of 20 for easy stocking and inventory control.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Select Base comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation in 10 lbs (4.5 kg) and 20 lb (9 kg) bags.
The Product Data Sheet is available for download below.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for the Original PERMACOLOR® Select are available upon request.
Can I mix together the New & Improved and the original version of PERMACOLOR Select BASE?
We do not recommend blending the New & Improved PERMACOLOR Select Base and the original PERMACOLOR Select Base together. For grout color guidelines, visit our Color Selector.
Can I use the OLD PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit Pods with the NEW PERMACOLOR Select Base?
YES! The OLD Color Kit pods (in the ten 2-pack cartons) CAN be used with the NEW PERMACOLOR Select base and vice versa - the NEW PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit pods (in the 20 single packs) are identical in the amount of pigment, just in a new package.
Can I make a small batch of PERMACOLOR Select to use for repairs?
Yes, you can. Follow the instructions in this video >
*Compared to original PERMACOLOR Select formulation.
‡ OSHA action level set forth in OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) standard for construction, 29 CFR 1926.1153, as certified by an independent laboratory to be below the OSHA action level for respirable crystalline silica - see www.laticrete.com/silica
- Product #: 26XX-1001-2
- Patent #(s): United States Invention Patent No.: 6,784,229 (and other Patents) United States Invention Patent No.: 6,784,229 (and other Patents)
Base - 10 lbs (4.5 kg) & 20 lb (9 kg) bags
Color Kits Carton - Contains 20 x 0.25 lbs (100 g)
- Available Colors: 40
- Part of System: LATICRETE®
- Country Availability
- Contractor Benefits Brochure (français)
- Grout & Sealant Chart (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select (New & Improved) and SPECTRALOCK 1 - Part and UPC Number Updates (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select - Brochure (français)
- Sell Sheet (English / Español)
- Sell Sheet (français)
- 2023 Special Edition Grout Colors Flyer (English)
- 2023 Special Edition Grout Colors Flyer (Español)
- 2023 Special Edition Grout Colors Flyer (français)
- PERMACOLOR Select Brochure (English / (Español)
Safety Data Sheets
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit-SDS (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit-SDS Canada (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit-SDS Canada (français)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder-SDS Canada (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder-SDS Canada (français)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder-SDS (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select - Canada (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select - Canada (français)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder - SDS (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder - SDS (français)
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit - SDS (English)