Features & Benefits
The highest-performing cementitious tile grout is setting a new benchmark in the industry with its new and improved formula as of March 2023.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR® Select provides a variety of key features and benefits:
- Comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation for a more durable design and easier readability
- 20% increased strength,* providing a higher compressive and tensile strength, longer life, and resistance to wear and tear
- 20% enhanced stain resistance,* significantly reduces maintenance and makes installations look newer for longer by preserving its original color
- Formulated without sand‡ for a safer work environment
- Easier to spread and clean means faster installations with less labor and hassle
- Color kits offer 40% less packaging in a new compostable bag and packaged in single units for a simple 1:1 mix ratio with the base
- 5-year shelf life for color kits, minimizing product degradation and waste; 2-year shelf life for grout base performance
Both the New & Improved and the Original PERMACOLOR® Select provide these benefits:
- Good for interior, exterior, and submerged use
- Ideal for floors and walls with tile joint widths of 1/16 to 1/2" (1.5 to 12 mm)
- Ideal for residential and commercial applications
- Greenguard certified for low chemical emissions
- Fast setting
- Equipped with Microban antimicrobial product protection to fight the growth of mild and mildew on the grout surface
- Exceeds the ANSI A118.7 requirement, the highest cementitious grout standard ensuring durability and stain resistance
- Conforms to ISO 13007 and EN 13888 (CG2WA)
- Endless color options - available in 40 standard grout colors, top industry colors and custom grout colors through our AnyColor™ color matching program.
- Eligible for the LATICRETE® 25 Year System Warranty and Lifetime System Warranty
PERMACOLOR® Select is an advanced high-performance two-part cementitious grout system with a neutral base mixture and the industry’s first dispersible dry pigment solution for color selection.
It is designed for virtually all types of residential and commercial installations and offers optimum performance on the most demanding exterior or interior applications. Easy to mix, grout and clean, this grout is fast setting and is suitable for joints 1/16” to ½” (1.5mm – 12mm) wide on floors or walls.
The PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits allow you to carry one grout base and still provide a vast selection of color options to your customers. Choose from 150+ stocked colors, including all 40 standard LATICRETE® colors and other top-selling industry colors. Or use the AnyColor™ program to select custom colors to match the style of any project.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Select is available as of March 2023 and is designed to provide an overall better experience for the installer, and long-lasting results for the customer. Additionally, the new packaging will also offer an expanded, 2-year shelf life for the grout base and 5 years for the color kits. Color kits will also now be sold as both singles and in cases of 20 for easy stocking and inventory control.
How do I know which version of PERMACOLOR® Select I have?
The Original PERMACOLOR Select packaging is in a horizontal orientation in 12.5 lbs (11.3 kg) and 25 lbs (5.6 kg) bags and manufactured prior to February 2023.
The New & Improved PERMACOLOR Select comes in our new, premium packaging in a vertical orientation in 10 lbs bags and is available as of March 2023.
Product Data Sheets for both versions are available for download below. Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for the Original PERMACOLOR® Select are available upon request.
Can I mix together the New & Improved and the original version of PERMACOLOR Select?
We do not recommend blending the New & Improved and the original PERMACOLOR Select. For grout color guidelines, visit our Color Selector.
*Compared to original PERMACOLOR Select formulation.
‡ OSHA action level set forth in OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) standard for construction, 29 CFR 1926.1153, as certified by an independent laboratory to be below the OSHA action level for respirable crystalline silica - see www.laticrete.com/silica
- Product #: 26XX-1001-2
- Patent #(s): United States Invention Patent No.: 6,784,229 (and other Patents)
Base - 10 lbs (4.5 kg) bag
Color Kit Carton contains 20 x 0.25 lbs (100 g)
- Available Colors: 40
- Part of System: LATICRETE®
- Country Availability
Product Data Sheets
- Contractor Benefits Brochure (English)
- Distributor Benefits Brochure (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select (New & Improved) and SPECTRALOCK 1 - Part and UPC Number Updates (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select - Brochure (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select - Brochure (français)
- Sell Sheet (English / Español)
- Sell Sheet (français)
Safety Data Sheets
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit-SDS (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder - SDS (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit-SDS Canada (français)
Approvals, Certifications and Environmental
- Cement Grout - Industry Wide EPD (English)
- GREENGUARD Certification - PERMACOLOR Select (English)
- LATICRETE PERMACOLOR Select Base Powder - HPD (English)
- PERMACOLOR Select Color Kit - HPD (English)