New Global Initiative | My first blog
We’re happy to announce a new initiative for 2018 called, ONE LATICRETE ONE TEAM. Throughout the year David and Henry Rothberg, 2nd generation LATICRETE will be visiting with the employees of each of our global business units to talk about the history, success, culture and future growth plans of the company. LATICRETE, despite geographical distance, is ‘one’ team with the same vision, mission and values.
Last week in Hyderabad, India, the MYK LATCRETE team was the first of our global family to participate in the initiative.
Team MYK LATICRETE
To get things started, the team was broken into 4 groups (named: SpectraLOCK, SP-100, Stellar and HYDRO BAN) to participate in some team building activities which included ‘centipede’, ‘jailbreak’, and ‘Made in India’. During these activities the group worked on communication skills, collaboration and the importance of team.
Afterwards David Rothberg, Chairman/CEO LATICRETE International, Inc. and Muralidhar Yadama, Managing Director, MYK LATICRETE addressed the team touching upon the humble beginnings of LATICRETE, the growth we have experienced in the last 60 plus years and our aggressive growth plans for the future (both globally and locally within India).
Mr. Rothberg had a few key points for the team which can be applied in many of our lives:
• “It’s a new Year! Dream BIG- make no small plans. Remember what Walt Disney said, “If you can imagine it, it CAN be achieved!”
• “Write your big goals down, and share and post them. Have someone hold you accountable. You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve, personally and at work.”
• “You are part of a global family that’s changing the way the world builds.”
David A. Rothberg, Chairman/CEO LATICRETE International, Inc.
Mr. Yadama got the team pumped up with his message:
• "MYK LATICRETE had a humble beginning. Today we are 500 employees with 3 factories and 25 branches. Most importantly we are the # 1 company in India!"
• "It’s the team work and passion that drives us. Our values are important to us and are the foundation of our success."
• “We want to deliver – the right quality of products, innovative products, and on time to customers.”
Muralidhar Yadama, Managing Director, MYK LATICRETE
They each highlighted that each employee is an integral component of the company’s growth and that with One Team, One Family and Together we will be successful.
They concluded with a great team lunch.
We look forward to sharing the visits to our other global locations throughout the year!